Lathallan School, located on the beautiful Aberdeenshire coastline in the north-east of Scotland, offers excellent opportunities for all young people to develop their full range of talents academically and beyond.
Lathallan is truly special; a Scottish castle set in magnificent grounds, where pupils have the opportunity to shine and be proud of their own individual achievements.
It is a place in which challenge, industriousness and maximising individual potential is pivotal in our pupils’ educational development.
We hope you find the information on the website informative and interesting. However nothing compares to visiting the school in person to truly experience what makes Lathallan School so special.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Vision and Values
“To be a school of opportunity where we can achieve our full potential”.
In finding ourselves and fulfilling our potential we contribute to a wider society with confidence and success.
We provide a unique level of opportunity which allows every pupil to strive to achieve in all areas of academic and co-curricular life. As pupils grow and mature at Lathallan, they finally leave us as confident, independent individuals, intent on becoming the very best that they possibly can be.
Confidence meaning we
- Have the self belief to try something new
- Can find things that we are good at – and set our own targets
- Can make mistakes as part of a learning process
- Can access our own potential / ability to enjoy
Opportunity meaning we
- Provide members of the school community to become responsible citizens, confident individuals, effective contributors as well as successful learners
- Are proactive in the community and environment
- Have the ability to recognise it when it arises within and outside of school
Respect meaning we
- Have fundamental self-respect
- Value the wishes of others and foster good manners
- Develop what is unique in ourselves and others
Endeavour meaning we
- Look to succeed in all areas of life
- Are intrinsically motivated
- Foster “grit” and “resilience”
Modesty meaning we
- Do not act at the expense of others
- Are modest in our dealings
- Know ourselves as we really are
- Deal with disappointment positively