Lathallan School prides itself on offering academic excellence, combined with a comprehensive all-round education. Lathallan School selects prospective pupils based on a young person’s skills and abilities. Although there is a selection process, the school will not discriminate against any applicant on grounds of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.
If you are a non-UK resident and would like your children to study at Lathallan School, the application process is as follows:
- To initially express interest in Lathallan School you should contact the Admissions Office at Lathallan School. The Head of Admissions name is Miss Chantelle Robson and you can get in touch via email on email@example.com or (+0044) 1561 362220.
- The Head of Admissions will send you an application form and will be happy to answer any queries you may have about Lathallan School or the Scottish education system. We will also confirm whether there is an available space for your child, as well as whether there is space in our boarding house.
- If you wish to apply for a place at Lathallan School, the application form must be submitted to the Admissions Office along with:
- Evidence of English if English is not your first language. This could be in the form of an IELTS exam, or similar. Contact the Admissions Office for further advice.
- A reference from the child’s current school.
- The child’s latest school report
The Head of Admissions and the Headmaster may wish to interview you via Skype.
A decision will be reached, based on the above evidence, by the Headmaster.
If successful a letter offering the child a place will be sent from the Admissions office. This can be used to help the visa process if the child is from outside the EEA. The Head of Admissions can assist you in the visa process, and initiate a Tier 4 student visa to sponsor the pupil.
Lathallan School retain the right to remove any pupil who breaks any United Kingdom Visas and Immigration rules, and if a pupil is removed then our sponsorship of that pupil will immediately cease, thus making remaining in the UK impossible. We expect overseas pupils to adhere minutely to any visa restrictions or conditions that are imposed on them by the UKVI.
Deciding which school is right for your children is one of the most important decisions you’re likely to make as a parent.
Here at Lathallan School we appreciate that as a parent you will have many questions and expectations of what education you would like for your child.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Castle at any time throughout the year to meet with staff and get a feel for what makes Lathallan School so special.
Here are some questions and areas you may want to consider asking when viewing Lathallan School:
- What are your first impression of both pupils and staff – do the children look happy and animated, and do staff interact well with pupils?
- Is the curriculum broad?
- What sort of extra activities can children take part in?
- What size are the classes?
- What are after-school and transport arrangements like?